Thursday, November 6, 2008

Loving my work.

I've got to say that, especially with everything else that has been going on, I'm really enjoying my work right now. For those of you who don't know I'm currently working on contract the ADV. More specifically for Anime Network. I've been rebuilding their website (it's needed a rebuild for a while now). Their current site is pretty much a mess, and had too many people work on it over the years with no real cohesive plan. I'm converting it to a Joomla driven site, with several custom plugins to handle their Anime specific data. The goal is to allow them to edit their content easily and still maintain a stable/fast site. It's a lot of work, but there also a lot of fun in it.

Luckily they just hired Robin Cannon to do the site design and layout so I can concentrate on the architecture and development. I only met Robin about a month ago, but his skill set was a great match to mine, and getting him hired was fairly easy. Currently we're looking at having an internal alpha of the site done next week. Then (as long as we stay on track) we should have a public beta around the 1st of December, with the site going live around the first of the year.

This is definitely one of the best places I've worked at. The people are great, the environment is laid back, and they actually want to accomplish something. After year working in Education this is a wonderful change. That I get to work with Anime is just a nice bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment